President Karen Linden 383-8346
Senior Vice Heather Gruber
Junior Vice David Jewett
Secretary Cathy McKown
Treasurer La Vonne Catron 382-2663
Chaplain Lyanne Kelly
LADIES AUXILIARY TO THE VFW POST 1347
GRAND ISLAND, NE
Our purpose: To provide support and comfort to current and former military members in all branches of the service
Meetings: First Monday of each month at the United Veteran’s Club 1914 W. Capital at 1:00 pm
To meet these goals, at the local level, we:
*Provide coffee hour and bingo at the Veterans’ Hospital once a month
*Donate flags to schools and other organizations
*Send care packages and Bx cards to auxiliary members’ relatives who are deployed
*Donate to Staff for Santa at the Veterans’ Home
*Help with the Christmas Party at the Veterans’ Hospital
*Help with the Veteran’s Day Breakfast at UVC
*Support cancer research and provide cancer grants for Auxiliary members
*Co-sponsor with VFW the Voice of Democracy and Patriot’s Pen Competitions
*Have adopted B-Company, 2-135th to give them assistance and support
On a national level, we support the auxiliary programs by promoting:
1. Veterans and Family Support: MAP, Unmet Needs, Sports Clip, Operation Uplink.
2. Historian/Media relations: Send emails to members of auxiliary events, promote our activites through newspaper, TV and Facebook.
3. Americanism: Promote and help with programs on patriotic days, promote all activities involing being a better American.
4. Buddy Poppy/VFW Home: contribute to National Home for widows and orphans, promote Poppy program to provide relief fund for veterans.
5. Hospital: provide activities at Veterans Hospital.
6. Legislative: promote VFW legislative goals, communicate with legislators on veteran issues.
7.Membership: share with potential members our goals and activities.
8. Scholarship: promote VFW and Auxiliary scholarship programs.
9. Youth Activites: help sponsor 4-H club, participate in RAP.
Where our dues go:
$5.00 of annual dues for national programs
$5.50 to state for it's programs
$0.50 for each member for District dues
$.10 per member to Health and Happiness fund for Widows and Orphans home
$25.00 per month for coffee hour at Veterans hospital
$100 for Staff for Santa Program at VA Home
Annual dues: $21.00
For more information, contact: La Vonne Catron at 308-382-2663